Friday, May 25, 2012

Something About Nothing

Lovely, relaxing day, and I haven't wanted to think too hard, so nothing really planned for a post today.

Made a visit to a new business in town today.  Find X Designs Fabric & YARN!  Squee!  Yes, there is now a yarn store in Sanford.  (Didn't take a picture, I need to get better about taking pictures so I'll have them for my posts)

They just opened 3 weeks ago, and their stock is heavier on the fabric than the yarn, but it's a nice store.  I did buy one skein of yarn today, in the interest of helping them stay in business  ya' know *wink*, but it was also something I really liked and a yarn I had not seen before.  Juniper Moon Farm Findley Dappled in the zinnia colorway.  It's a lace weight, so I'm sure I'll have no trouble coming up with a shawl pattern for it.



They also carry the Knit Picks Harmony Options interchangeable needles that I own, love, and am always wanting more of.  I think Knit Picks made a smart decision in starting to allow retail stores to carry their needles.  If I realize I don't have the size I need for a project, I'm generally not going to wait a week or so for a Knit Picks order to arrive, I'm going to go to my local yarn shop (LYS) first chance I get.  If my LYS carries the Knit Picks Harmony wood needles though, that's what I'm going to buy, as they are the perfect median between metal and bamboo needles in my opinion.

The remainder of today I have alternately played on the computer and knit.  Oh, I did get a shawl blocked that I finished last night, but you'll have to wait another couple of days for pictures of that.  (I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath right?)

It's 7:30 pm now & my stomach says I should figure out what's for dinner, so mindless rambling ends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment