Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Functional Art

For the past few years I have coveted a pair of Dansko clogs, but I was hesitant to spend the money on them not knowing if I would like them.  With all the foot problems I have, I don't have a problem spending money on good shoes, and everyone I knew that had them loved them, but I hated to spend the money and then end up hating them.  Last fall my mom loaned me hers so I could wear them a few times to see if I liked them.  I did, and I bought my first pair, black with tooled leather, last fall. 

There is another brand called Sanita that, from what I've been told, is pretty much the same as Dansko.  In the course of looking online at the various styles and colors, I came across a website called The Swanx that sells Sanitas with a twist.  They all have hand painted designs on them.  After looking through the various designs I found several I liked and decided that at some point in the future I would like to have a pair of them.  No surprise, I was leaning toward the ones with the dragonflies.

Today, a coworker and I were talking about shoes.  Don't ask me why we were talking about shoes, I don't know, it just came up in conversation somehow, we're women o.k.?  Anyway, I was telling her about the hand painted clogs and she pulled up the website.  They have some new designs since I last looked at the site a few months ago, and I might have to move up my purchase to sooner rather than later.

Because look at what I found....



And look at the heels....aren't they just the cutest thing!



I can get comfortable shoes and wear something artistic that represents my favorite artistic pastime all at the same time.  How fun is that?

2 comments: