Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And So I begin....



A blog post...every. single. day. 

I don't post here as often as I should, mainly because I find it hard to come up with something to write about my life that I feel others might find interesting, entertaining, amusing, insert favorite adjective here, or otherwise worth reading.  I have been doing well the past couple of months at reviving my personal journal, but so much of that is simply a rehash of what I did that day that I cannot imagine anyone but me finding it appealing.

I need to get better at finding things, observations, and events in my every day life to write about.  Not just because it will give me more to write about here, but also because it will help me to improve the details of any fiction I write. Which has been sadly, very, very, little lately.

But I always do better with measurable goals.  Even if I don't always achieve them perfectly, having a way to track, or be accountable for, my progress seems to prod me along.  Thus the reason I signed up for NaBloPoMo. My hope is that by the time May is over I will have posted every day and be more in the habit of posting regularly, so that even if I don't post every day after this month, I will post more often than once every 2 months.

The theme for the month of May is "play".  I plan to do my best to come up with post ideas on my own, but BlogHer provides daily writing prompts to help, so you may see several posts along that theme as the month progresses.  Otherwise, I'm likely to be all over the place, but such is my life.

Day 1 is done, and so I begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment