Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Brain Dead

My brain doesn't seem to want to function anymore today.  I've been sitting here staring at the screen, and nothing is really coming to mind to write about.

It's been one of those days where I've been going, going, going, and juggling several things at once.  I've been printing e-mails out left and right all day and continuously editing my to do list because I'm worried I'm going to forget to do something important.

In other words, welcome to the first week or so of session.  It's always like this when a new session starts, particularly the "short" session since the interim between the "long" session and this one is so long.  I have to remind myself again what exactly I'm supposed to be doing for each of the bills, and what I need to do to prepare for committee, and how each committee chair likes to have things done.

By next week the process will all be routine again.  Although routine does not mean orderly and well planned by any means.  But this week I'm still running around every day with a little bit of panic in my chest that I'm going to screw up something major.

Guess I found something to write about after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment