Thursday, May 10, 2012

Channeling Alfred Hitchcock

The past couple of days have felt like I was trapped in the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds.  No less than 4 birds have scared the shit out of me by appearing to be determined to commit suicide on the windshield of my car, only to change their minds at the last minute. 

I was only mildly concerned about the songbirds who were feeling depressed this week, but two of these incidents involved rather large birds that I believe were hawks.  No, I'm not sure they were hawks, at the time I was too busy numbly watching their decent towards my windshield, and trying to figure out which way I would need to steer to lessen the impact if they didn't veer away in time, to worry about specifically identifying the species.

I can only hope that over the weekend the birds in the area resolve their issues and stick to the upper levels of the horizon in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment