Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ramblings About My Day

Waking up with a massive headache this morning was not the greatest start to the day.  I stayed in bed with my eye mask on until late morning when it seemed to be getting better, then got up and took a long hot shower, which helped to make my face feel less like it was being squeezed in a vise.

Needless to say, I did not get the azaleas trimmed today like I had planned, but by the time we left for a cookout late this afternoon, I felt mostly human.  I still have a low grade headache, but after one like I had this morning, that's pretty normal and I'm used to dealing with it. 

The cookout was fun.  It was related to where Rob works, and was mostly military people who I didn't know, but I can always find someone to talk to, so I enjoyed it.  And my cinnamon cheesecake squares were a hit, as usual.  I don't even offer to make anything anymore, Rob always just volunteers me to make the cheesecake squares.

I'm getting close to finishing my Color Affection shawl and I'm itching to start a couple of new projects.  I need to get started on a shawl for a coworker's 60th birthday later this month so I can get it done on time.  I also bought yarn the other day to make a double knit blanket for my granddaughter to be. 

We killed a little time on the way to the cookout today by swinging by the gun shop to look at a gun Rob would like to buy, and then for me, a visit to the yarn shop.  I limited myself to just one skein of a new lace weight yarn they're carrying.  It's a single ply and the yarn I'm using for my Color Affection shawl is a single ply and I'm finding that I really like the look of the single ply yarn.

That's all I've got for the day.  Off to knit on my Color Affection and watch a little TV with Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment