Saturday, November 2, 2013

Turning Leaves



I walked out my front door Thursday morning and overnight fall had arrived.  Well, the leaves had changed colors at least, the cooler temperatures are still up North somewhere I suppose.  Still, it looked like fall, even if it didn't quite feel like it.

Fall is probably my favorite time of year.  I love "football weather" when it's cold enough to wear a turtleneck and a sweater, but not really need a coat.  Maybe it's because I was born in October.  Maybe it's because I've always associated fall with football.  Maybe it's just because after a NC summer it's nice not to drip sweat the instant you walk outside.

Fall also gets me thinking about knitting something other than lace shawls.  Hat, glove, and even sweater patterns call my name and suddenly I'm convinced that I can knit them all in time to wear them before it gets warm again.

But this year, I know just what to do.  I bought the perfect skein of fall yarn last weekend and it's telling me it's time to wind it up and let it become a cowl.
Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock in Turning Leaves


No comments:

Post a Comment