Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tour de Fleece Recap


The Tour de France ended Sunday, and along with it the Tour de Fleece I told you about a few weeks ago.

This was my first year participating, and I think I can say it was a success.  I met my primary goal of spinning at least 10 minutes every day, even the weekend we had house guests.  Most days I spun for closer to an hour.

The result?  I've spun about 11 ounces of the polwarth/silk blend into singles.  I also spun the fulled single I posted about previously.

I plied a little last night just to see how it's turning out in the final product.  After the class I took Saturday, I decided I needed to see what I was actually producing before I get too much spun and it's not what I want.  I like the one I plied last night, but we'll see what it actually does when I wash it, it could plump up quite a bit and become a little heavier than I really would like.

I definitely think the daily spinning has improved my spinning a great deal.  I probably won't continue to spin every single day, but I do want to try to spin at least 3-4 days a week.  I'm going to be trying to tackle some non-fiber goals in August, so I while I want to keep spinning consistently, I'll step back a bit to allow more time for some other activities.

All in all, I enjoyed Tour de Fleece and knowing that I was part of a larger group also trying to achieve their own spinning goals.  I didn't participate in the Ravelry groups as much as I probably should have, but maybe next year.  Because I will definitely try to spin again in next year's Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment