Friday, July 18, 2014

FO Friday






I've been trying to add more hand knit socks to my sock drawer and here's my latest pair.  I like the way the yarn striped around the foot, but I got some pooling on the legs because I had to increase the number of stitches to fit my calves. Just a plain vanilla sock with a 3/1 rib, but I used the Fish Lips Kiss Heel for the first time and I think I like it.  I've started a pair for Rob using the same method, so we'll see how it works for him, but I think it may become my "go to" heel for plain socks.

I used to think I'd never really be a sock knitter because I had the hardest time making a pair that fit.  But I seem to be getting better at it, and really, once you wear hand knit socks in the winter, you really won't want to wear anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment