You may remember that I told you about the fiber I dyed at Carolina Fiber Frolic, which didn't turn out at all like I'd planned, and how I used Michiele's drum carder to turn it into batts for spinning.
I spun that up this past week and I decided to try my hand at a fulled single ply yarn. Fulling is pretty much like felting, you just don't do it as long or as hard so they yarn doesn't really felt, it just starts to. The fulling of a single helps it stay together so that the fiber doesn't separate when you knit, crochet or weave with it.
There is definitely more twist in the singles than I should have for a fulled single, so I have a feeling the yarn will bias a lot if I try to knit with it. I think I'm probably going to try weaving with it, if I can figure out what to combine it with to make something attractive.
After all that, I'm still most disappointed in the color. It's all muted and muddy and while it is sort of pretty in a way, it's so far from what I was going for that I just look at it and go "meh". I'm going to have to do some thinking to decide what might bring out more of the color in a weaving project.
In addition to getting the yarn washed this morning, I also washed all the baby gifts I've knit for my soon to be born nephew so that I can hopefully get those in the mail soon. We went to a birthday party for one of Rob's coworker's 1 year old daughter for a couple of hours this afternoon and then went out to dinner before coming home.
So yes, it was a full day. I know, I'm groaning too, but I couldn't resist