Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Celebrating the Baby-to-be

My sister's getting ready to have a baby.  She lives just south of San Francisco ("on the peninsula" for those who know what that means) so I only get to see her a couple of times a year and usually because she & her husband come to North Carolina.

My mother & I flew out there a few weeks ago to throw her a baby shower, and we had a great time. Not only was the shower fun, but we got to do a little mother/daughter time as well with a nice lunch and massages at the spa.

Pictures are better than words sometimes....
Julie & Phil opening some gifts that arrived in the mail.
This baby will definitely be raised a Tarheel even if he does live on the left coast!
7 months pregnant, but still gorgeous.
Mom, Julie & Me (and some of the "spread").
Jen & Ava (Phil's sister-in-law and niece) naming the children's stories.
Decorating blocks.
The finished blocks.
Getting some practice in....
All the Hayes & Hartsteins that were there.
Miles the nephew-dog enjoying the ride
I love my nieces (my brother's girls) to death, but we're all very excited that Julie & Phil are having a boy.  I can't wait to meet him!


1 comment:

  1. How nice that you were able to see your sister and go to her shower. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete