Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sad News in Sanford

The little town I live in lost a landmark this morning.

Fairview Dairy Bar is your traditional small town restaurant serving a little bit of everything.  It's been open for 60 years and it's our favorite place for breakfast on the weekends. It's where we go when we want a burger and fries, ice cream, or meat and vegetables.  All you can eat shrimp on Friday night is a favorite as well.

Around 3:30 this morning, it had a fire.  No word yet on what happened, although from the looks of it, I'm guessing it wasn't an accident.  Not that I know anything about fires mind you.  The SBI will be investigating, but I won't be surprised if they find out it was arson.

This is the second restaurant in town that we really liked that has had a fire.  It's kind of like how they always cancel the TV shows that we like the best.  Maybe we're a jinx?

Probably too early for the owners to know if they will rebuild or not, but I sure hope they do.


  1. This was so hard to hear. Why would someone burn it down?

    1. News is now reporting they think it was accidental due to an electrical issue. So probably not arson like I first suspected.