Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mixed Feelings

I took my laptop to the beach, but I never turned it on.  I took various materials to prod some writing while I was there, but I didn't write a word.  I took several library books, but the only one I finished was the one I was already half way through when I left.  I took 2 knitting projects, but I didn't knit a stitch.

I did spend time building sand castles, digging holes, riding waves and swimming in the pool with my 3 nieces.  I did spend time with my brother and sister, their spouses, my parents, my daughter and my husband.  I did stand idly by while my brother in law got a warning ticket for shooting fireworks on the beach. I did consume a respectable quantity of alcohol, and may possibly have danced and sang out loud a little.

I returned to work Monday morning in a better frame of mind, if not completely mentally restored.  But most of that was lost by the time the latest office rumors got to me Monday afternoon.

I'm seriously evaluating my future employment options.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the beach break was sorely needed. Sorry work is a strain. I had hoped with the session over, things would be good. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete