Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More Reality

The day after I wrote my last post, we had another reality check.  One of Rob's closest friends from his Navy days died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 52.  I had only met them a few times, but Rob had kept up with him and his family since he got out of the Navy in 1992, and in recent years we had traveled to their home in KY for their oldest daughter's wedding, they had come here for our son's graduation, and our son and their youngest daughter had even dated for a few months.  Their 2 girls are within a year of each of our children and, particularly in recent years, the kids have kept in touch directly as well.  We made the 8 hour (one way) drive to KY and back that weekend to attend the funeral, and while it was a long trip, we needed to be there. He was only 5 years older than Rob, so I think it was a dose of reality for all of us.

So yes, I know, I'm not doing very well on my goal to write here at least twice a week.  I haven't been doing so well on most of my goals, with the exception of my PT exercises, which I have, amazingly, done almost every day.  There have a been a few days here & there that I've missed, and I decided I deserve a "rest" day on Sundays because the exercises pretty much keep me sore all of the time, but I have otherwise been very consistent in getting them done.  But other than that one goal, I've pretty much failed so far at the rest of them.

I'm working on ways to motivate myself and make time for the others though, so I haven't given up completely.  I have to work on not letting the unexpected things that come up constantly derail me from my plan, and I need to plan a little better overall.  I'm trying to come up with concrete ways to do that, so hopefully I will be posting here more frequently soon.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment