Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

As I'm writing the rough draft of this post, it is 10:40 p.m. on New Year's Day. We've been spending the weekend with friends out of town, and after a late New Year's Eve that involved copious amounts of alcohol, we headed to bed early tonight. But as I was laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep, I realized that on the first day of the new year, I was about to blow my goal of writing at least 30 minutes every day. So I grabbed the little notebook I keep in my purse and decided to start writing this post.

We've had a fun weekend with friends that we don't get to see very often. They live 3 hours away and between our busy lives and theirs, it's often hard to make time to get together. But they're the best kind of friends. Although it sometimes may be 2 years between visits, it's always comfortable and fun to be together. We keep up mostly through e-mail and Facebook these days, but there are always things that happen in each of our lives that don't get relayed through those methods which seem to finally get shared when we have a weekend together.

So now it's Sunday, and we're back home, and back to work tomorrow. Although I worked a couple of days last week, the holidays are officially over and it's back to full work weeks again. Time to start really kicking my brain into gear, as the craziness begins January 26th!

And no, this post didn't take 30 minutes to write, it's just part of what I wrote during those 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment