Sunday, April 27, 2014

Do Chickens Dance?


My middle niece's first communion was EARLY this morning, so we drove up to Cary to spend the day with my family.  As I did for her older sister, I knit her veil.  She's 8 years old, so I'm not sure how impressed she was by it, but I think all the adults liked it at least.
She enjoyed being the center of attention for the first half of the day, but was glad when all the picture taking was over.
Can you see the "I'm so tired of smiling" smile?
With her father (my brother)
My sister & her husband came in from California for the weekend.  This was the first time I'd seen her since she got pregnant, so it was fun to "meet" my future nephew for the first time.

My sister in law's parents came up from Florida as well.

We went to lunch at Lucky 32 and it was a gorgeous day to sit outside and eat.  All three nieces were excited to see "Prince Phillip" so he kept them entertained.
Learning how to take a selfie
It's rare that my parents get to see all 3 of us at once, so before we took off the dress clothes we took a family pic.
After that we got comfortable...well, some of us.  My brother lost a bet on an NFL playoff game to my sister & her husband, so he had to wear something else for a while....
Dancing Chicken

We take our bet payoffs seriously
Just in case you're curious, if my brother had won the bet, then my brother in law would have been wearing a Duck Dynasty costume instead.

After hanging around for a couple of hours, the late afternoon was spent at the spring carnival held by my nieces' school, but I'd lost my picture taking mojo by that point.  They still have cake walks, and that made my day even though I didn't win.

All in all, a fun day with family.



1 comment: