Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday - The Christmas Version

I'm out of town all week for work, so a little late getting this done.  The theme this week is Christmas Songs. I love Christmas music, so it was a little hard to narrow it down to just 5 this week.

"Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Probably the hardest part of this week's selection process was picking just one song by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  I finally settled on this one because it just begs to be played loudly, and I love Carol of the Bells in general. If you don't have their albums in your Christmas music collection, run out and buy them now.  Better yet, if you live in one of the areas they haven't gotten to yet on their annual tour, run out and buy tickets, it will be one of the best shows you've ever seen!

"Ringing the Bells for Jim" - Johnny Cash

Just to let you know how old I am, I had this album on 8 track as a kid. I would play this song over and over and get teary eyed every single time.  

"The Little Drummer Boy" - Jars of Clay

The song is a classic, but this is one of my favorite versions of it. 

"Mr. Snow Miser/Mr. Heat Miser Song" - Dick Shawn/George S. Irving

Like many of my generation, Christmas memories include the Christmas cartoons that came on every year.  In a time when there were 4 channels and no DVRs these were highlights of the Christmas season.  The Year Without a Santa Claus is not shown much anymore, but I have always loved these songs. 

 "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" - Thurl Ravenscroft

No Christmas medley could be complete without the Grinch!  My favorite Dr. Seuss book, and favorite Christmas cartoon.  I try to watch it on TV every year even though I own it on DVD. Half the ornaments on my tree are Grinch ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment