Saturday, June 9, 2012

All the Pretty Colors

There's no question that what draws me to any particular skein of yarn is the color.  I've often toyed with the idea of dyeing my own yarn, but I've always thought it would be a lot of time and effort. To some extent at least, I was wrong.

My knitting group got together last weekend to try Kool-Aid dyeing, and I discovered how easy, and quick, it is to do.  We had a lot of fun trying out both the crock pot and the microwave methods and seeing how different colors would come out.





The yarn I was dyeing kept sucking up the color before I could get it spread throughout my yarn, so the red I did last weekend still had some white spots and wasn't quite as dark as I wanted.  So today I dyed it with some more red Kool-Aid and also did another skein in yellow and orange.
I definitely see more pretty colors in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment