Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crawling Back Into the Light

Darcy demonstrates my recent desire to curl up and hide from the world

The General Assembly finally adjourned in late July.  Since then, it's been a mixture of trying to figure out exactly what the hell happened the last few weeks of the session and recover my mental and physical equilibrium.  Throw in a few health issues with my father, and it's been an up and down few weeks.

Things finally seem to be settling down a bit and I've been thinking once again about working on goals and doing some things I want to do outside of work. That includes writing here again at least more often than every 7 months.

I've been working on a couple of writing projects off and on, including the book I've been trying to write for well over a year now.  I attended the 2013 Writers' Police Academy last weekend, but that amazing event deserves its own separate post, so look for that sometime around this weekend.

I haven't had as much time for knitting or reading the past few months, but I have done some of both.  My 2013 books read list is up to date if you care to see what I've read lately.  I'm woefully behind on my goal to knit 13 pairs of socks in 2013, and I doubt I'll meet that goal, but I have finished a few pair.  I also just bought a spinning wheel, so I may have some things to say about that as I get to know my wheel better.

So if any or all of that interests you (and assuming there is anyone who still checks to see if I've posted anything) please check back in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment