Monday, November 1, 2010

And So It Begins….

It's finally November 1 here, and that means NaNoWriMo has officially begun!

I'm finding it a little slow going to start, but I just got started tonight and I've done 500+ words in just an hour or so. The average per day needed to get 50,000 done in 30 days is 1,667 words per day, so I won't get there today, but I'm confident that as I get a little further into my story I'll be able to make it up.  UPDATE: Got a little more writing in than I had planned and got to 1,937 for the day, so at least I hit the minimum.

The Nano website has been lagged out since yesterday. Too many people trying to hit it at once I suppose, but hopefully it will even out a bit once the excitement of starting has passed.

I'm going to try to keep posting here at least every couple of days, and I will make an effort not to talk only about how well my novel is (or isn't) going, but if I don't appear for a couple of days, you know why. Also, my daughter and her boyfriend are coming for the weekend, so I need to get as much written between now and then as I can.

So the adventure begins, and hopefully a mystery will emerge from my efforts.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment