Monday, October 18, 2010

What I'm Reading

For several years I kept a list of all the books I read.  For some reason, I didn't start one this year.  I want to keep one for 2011, so I decided to go ahead & start one now for the rest of 2010.  The post below this one contains the beginning of the list, but I've linked it on the sidebar as well.  I've added the few books I remember I've read already this month.  You'll probably notice as time goes on, that I tend to find an author I like & then read everything they've written.  So you will often see a string of books all by the same author.   Lately I've been making my way through Laura Lippman, although I have to say I think I enjoyed her earlier novels more than I'm enjoying her more recent ones.  None has been bad enough yet to not actually finish though.

I've really been trying to cut back on purchasing books, so I've been using the library more.  I rarely re-read books and there are very few authors that I will buy any longer in hardback.  Stephen King and Margaret Maron are the two that I still buy in hardback, because they are the two I really want to keep, and that I do re-read from time to time.

Most of what I read these days is mystery/suspense or women's fiction, but you will also see some fantasy novels and popular literary novels.  I go through periods where I read non-fiction as well, mostly civil war and WWII history.

No comments:

Post a Comment